Location: Dartmouth, NS
Who is Glow?
Glow has evolved from a small sign business into a Maritime event industry leader and multi-division company. An innovative and incredibly dedicated workforce has been instrumental to our continued growth. Glow is growing once again, and we need more smart-thinking, hard-working people. Glow offers competitive wages, great benefits and an exciting, dynamic working environment.
In order to excel in this role, you’ll be training with and working along-side our experienced staff to give you the practical, hands-on experience you’ll require in the fast-paced events environment.
Who are YOU?
Reporting to the General Manager, you are the behind-the-scenes work horse of our operations team – our jack of all trades! You easily manage and motivate yourself to do the job RIGHT. You are able to take on a wide variety of maintenance duties either on your own or alongside the other members of the maintenance team.
We want the very best for our clients, so we expect the very best from you! If this is you, we’d like you to start as soon as possible:
- You consider yourself a bit of a MacGyver and a trouble-shooting genius – a jack-of-all-trades
- You have at least 5 years of carpentry experience
- You can see projects through from start to finish with little or no direction
- You take direction well, but can also be self-directed
- You are able to build signs and structures without supervision
- You can always see work to be done
- You’re hardworking and highly motivated
- You have a keen desire to learn
- You are physically active and able to lift 65 lbs or more
- You have effective time management skills, and you adjust accordingly to the demands placed on you – you know when a project needs to be quick and functional, and when a project needs to be more “finished”
- You have great attention to detail, and are comfortable completing required paperwork
- You work well in a team environment
- You can switch gears and work on whatever project needs to be done: carpentry, painting, electronics work and more
- You are flexible, and available to work some evenings and weekends when required
- You have a clean drivers abstract and are very comfortable driving trucks and trailers
If this sounds like you, please click ‘Apply Now’! Please include your resume & cover letter in one document and reference Maintenance Carpenter in the email subject line. Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.