Location: Dartmouth, NS
Glow has evolved from a small sign business into a Maritime event industry leader and a multi-division company. An innovative and incredibly dedicated workforce has been instrumental to our continued growth. Glow is growing once again, and we need more smart thinking, hardworking people. Glow offers competitive wages, great benefits, and an exciting, dynamic working environment.
In order to excel in this role, you will be training with and working alongside our experienced team members to give you the practical, hands-on experience you require in a fast-paced events environment.
Who are YOU?
You are extremely hands-on and will thrive as a leader within Glow’s Décor Operations Team. You are highly creative, experienced, versatile, resourceful and skilled at problem-solving. You are a collaborator. You are comfortable specializing in Décor Events and the preparations required ensuring their success.
In this role, you will lead teams in the preparation, delivery, set-up, execution, orderly documentation, processing and return of all Décor rental equipment and materials to warehouse inventory. You will provide operational guidance, training and mentoring of team members, both in preparation and event execution. You will coordinate with the sales team, logistics team, and on-site contacts to ensure smooth and effective operations at the venue. You will ensure that your team meets all contractual obligations with efficiency and contributes positively to the customer experience. You will direct, motivate and supervise the operations crews assigned to you, ensure they work safely and efficiently to meet or exceed Glow standards. You will ensure that equipment is delivered properly in excellent condition and on time.
Please note: Equipment may include (but not limited to) a wide variety of furniture, decorative items, linens, dishware, stemware/cutlery, lighting and audio equipment, photo booths, virtual reality machines, stages, dancefloors, backdrops, furniture, themed and/or customized props, pipe and drape, décor glassware, floral, and more.
- You love the challenge that Décor Events represent: event prepping, product programming, loading/unloading, deliveries, set-ups/removals, leading crews, product cleaning, and processing.
- You enjoy change, diversity, and challenge.
- You want to ensure a place for everything and everything in its place in our warehouses. You are comfortable with pre-loads and a multitude of organizational tasks.
- You have a background in events, theatre, design, décor, catering, and tourism or hospitality management.
- You are energetic and enjoy hands-on physical work. You are in constant motion.
- You are no stranger to effective inventory practices.
- You understand the importance of completing and filing proper paperwork as required.
- You exhibit effective problem-solving skills and find solutions to quickly and professionally address challenges and issues that may arise.
- You are comfortable driving and ensuring the safe operation of Glow vehicles.
- You will submit and maintain a clean Drivers Abstract.
- You are physically active and able to lift 65 lbs.
- You are available to work flexible hours in order to accommodate our wide-ranging world of events.
- Experience/certification with the safe operation of ladders/forklifts/scissor lifts and fall protection would be considered an asset.
- You are flexible and comfortable working with other Glow divisions.
If this sounds like you, please click ‘Apply Now’! Include your resume & cover letter in one document and reference Décor Event Coordinator in the email subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest but due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.