Full Time Position
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Who is Glow?
Glow has evolved from a small sign business into an event industry leader and multi-division company. Our creative, innovative and incredibly dedicated workforce has been instrumental to our continued growth. Glow is growing once again, and we need more smart-thinking, hard-working people. Glow offers competitive wages and commission structure and a great benefits package. Here, you’ll find the opportunity for unlimited growth!
Who are YOU?
- Reporting to the Sales Manager/Creative Director, you are a vital part of the Design & Décor Sales Team
- You have two or more years of related experience (Sales, Event Design, Interior Design)
- You have related post-secondary education, preferably in Interior Design
- You adapt easily to new computer programs and/or have experience with rental software
- You have outstanding time-management skills and love to multi-task
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills, and are a driven, self-motivated superstar who exudes high energy and enthusiasm.
- You’re a creative genius with superior design and sales skills. You have “hands-on” creative flare
- You know how to listen and how to conceptualize and sell an idea. You can take what begins as a small seed, and turn it into something magical. You have an outstanding ability to work with clients and bring to life the vision they have for their events.
- You are capable of overseeing the conception, planning and hands-on execution of the overall look for private and corporate events and weddings to ensure we consistently meet and EXCEED our client needs and expectations
- You have exceptional verbal and writing skills and great attention to detail. You’re comfortable creating quotes, event work orders, reports and other necessary paperwork.
- You have outstanding planning and design abilities to formulate layouts; specify colors, style, theme, material details, visual balance, proportion, and the list goes on.
- You’re a quick study.
- You have the ability to quickly grasp new product knowledge and effectively use the rental products in our inventory to bring events and sales to fruition.
- You are a talented presenter and communicator when showcasing your design concepts for approval, along with creating floor plans, sketches, photos/story boards, mock ups and other key visuals to help express and sell your event.
- Your execution skills are top-notch in order to bring the vision to reality, since at times you will be hands-on at event setup and will help guide the team to “PERFECTION”.
- You have great leadership and communication skills when working cooperatively with our design installation/delivery & set-up crews.
- You understand the importance of teamwork, effective inventory management and ensuring operational efficiencies.
- You’re flexible and adaptable to the changing tasks, responsibilities and deadlines that are part of the world of events
- You’re able to lift up to 50lbs
You’ll spend part of your time in the office and showroom, creating estimates and proposals, participating in business development, meeting clients, researching and creating visual storyboards as well as working with budgets for corporate or social events. The other part of your time will be more hands-on, assisting with set-ups, working with our operations team to achieve the vision for the event and communicating with the on-site clients to make sure their expectations are met.
If this sounds like you, please click ‘Apply Now’! Please include your resume & cover letter in one document, and reference Décor Designer in the email subject line.
Please note due to the high volume of applicants, we will contact qualified candidates only.