Permanent Full-Time Position
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Who is Glow?
Glow has evolved from a small sign business into a Maritime event industry leader and multi-division company. An innovative and incredibly dedicated workforce has been instrumental to our continued growth. Glow is growing once again, and we need more smart-thinking, hard-working people. Glow offers competitive wages, a bonus program and a great benefits package.
In order to excel in this role, you will be expected to complete a training and mentorship program during your first year with us. Working along-side our staff will give you the practical, hands-on experience you’ll require in the fast-paced events environment.
Who are YOU?
The Glow Operations Team is seeking strong, organized, motivated, and customer focused Amusement Event Leads. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you are a hands-on, practical, problem-solving kind of person. You are the face of Glow; the on-site contact working with our many clients.
- You’re a hands-on, practical, problem-solver who leads by example
- You have studied Recreation Management or have equivalent education
- You have 2 years related experience
- You’re not afraid of a challenge or a fast-paced environment
- You know how to motivate and manage your event crew – many of whom may be teenagers
- You’re equally comfortable working alone or leading a team
- You don’t mind getting your hands dirty
- You enjoy that every day is different
- You love to work outside, and a little bit of weather doesn’t scare you – you love that this is NOT a desk job
- You enjoy working in a fun, kid-filled, kid-friendly environment
- You know how to make safety a big priority
- You’re available to work the evenings and weekends required in the world of events
- You’re physically active, and able to lift 65lbs
- You have a clean drivers abstract
- You have great attention to detail, especially when completing required paperwork like event hours and inventory records
- You can think on your feet – in fact, you’re a trouble-shooting genius
- You’re as comfortable in the warehouse as you are on the job-site
- You have exceptional site coordination skills
- You have a great ability to communicate with management, staff, and clients when on the job-site
Bonus Points …
- You have experience driving trailers and cube vans
If this sounds like you, please click ‘Apply Now’! Please include your resume & cover letter in one document and reference Event Lead. in the email subject line.
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.