Location: Dartmouth, NS
Who is Glow?
Glow has evolved from a small sign business into a Maritime event industry leader and multi-division company. An innovative and incredibly dedicated workforce has been instrumental to our continued growth. Glow is growing once again, and we need more smart-thinking, hard-working people. Glow offers competitive wages, great benefits and an exciting, dynamic working environment.
In order to excel in this role, you’ll be training with and working along-side our experienced staff to give you the practical, hands-on experience you’ll require in the fast-paced events environment.
Who are YOU?
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will become a specialist in a variety of areas within Glow’s Operations Team, including our Events, Warehouse & Signs Divisions. You will lead teams in the preparation, delivery, set-up, execution, removal and orderly documentation and return to warehouse inventory of all event equipment and materials. You will provide operational guidance, training and mentoring to team members, both in preparation for and at event sites. You will coordinate with the sales team, logistics team and on-site contacts to ensure smooth and effective operations at the venues. You will ensure that your team meets all contractual obligations with efficiency and exceptional customer service. You will direct, motivate and supervise the operations crew assigned to you, so the crew works safely, efficiently and work meets or exceeds Glow’s standards. You will ensure that equipment is delivered properly, in excellent condition, and on time.
Please note: Equipment may include (but not be limited to) inflatable amusements, rides, a variety of games, mobile rock wall, fun foods and ticket booths, furniture, linens lighting and audio equipment, photo booths, virtual reality machines, arcades, stages, dance floors, backdrops, furniture, props, linens, pipe and drape, décor glassware and floral, and more. You will work in all aspects of operations, including:
- Events (event prepping, product programming, loading/unloading, deliveries, set-ups/removals, attending, leading crews
- Décor (event prepping, loading/unloading, deliveries, set-ups/removals)
- Warehouse (pre-loads, prep work, organizational tasks)
- Signs (message prepping/putting away/sign runs, etc)
- Completing and filing proper paperwork as required
- Controlling and recording event hours and inventory
- Effective problem-solving – finding solutions to deal quickly and professionally with the challenges and problems that may arise
- Driving & ensuring safe operation of Glow vehicles
- Submit and maintain a clean Drivers Abstract
- You are physically active and able to lift 65 lbs
- You’re available to work flexible hours to accommodate the world of events
- Assist with other Glow divisions and duties as required and requested.
If this sounds like you, please click ‘Apply Now’! Please include your resume & cover letter in one document and reference Event Lead – Operations Specialist in the email subject line. Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.