Location: Dartmouth, NS
Glow has evolved from a small sign business into a Maritime event industry leader and multi-division company. An innovative and incredibly dedicated workforce has been instrumental to our continued growth. Glow is growing once again, and we need more smart-thinking, hard-working people.
Who are YOU?
Reporting to the Operations Manager and Warehouse Coordinator:
- You are a specialist in lighting, sound, and other technical event rental products.
- Be part of and lead teams in the preparation, delivery, set-up, execution, removal and return to warehouse inventory of all event equipment and materials.
- You will ensure all technical equipment is kept in excellent working condition and maintain highly organized easily-accessible storage spaces. You will provide operational guidance, training and mentoring to team members, both in preparation for and at event sites.
- You will coordinate with the sales team, logistics team, and on-site contacts to ensure smooth and effective operations at the venues.
- You will ensure that your team meets all contractual obligations with efficiency and exceptional customer service. You will direct, motivate and supervise the operations crew assigned to you, so the crew works safely, efficiently and meets or exceeds Glow’s standards.
You will work in all aspects of operations, including:
- Events (event prepping, product programming, loading/unloading, deliveries, set-ups/removals, attending, leading crews
- Décor (event prepping, loading/unloading, deliveries, set-ups/removals)
- Warehouse (pre-loads, prep work, organizational tasks)
- Signs (message prepping/putting away/sign runs, etc)
- Completing and filing proper paperwork as required
- Controlling and recording event hours and inventory
- Effective problem-solving, initiative and innovation – finding solutions to deal quickly and professionally with the challenges and problems that may arise, in addition, to constantly seeking more efficient and cost-effective processes and practices.
- Driving & ensuring safe operation of Glow vehicles;
- Submit and maintain a clean Drivers Abstract
- You are physically active and able to lift 65 lbs
- You are available to work flexible hours to accommodate the world of events.
Glow offers competitive wages, great benefits, and an exciting, dynamic working environment. In order to excel in this role, you’ll be training with and working along-side our experienced staff to give you the practical, hands-on experience you’ll require in the fast-paced events environment.
If this sounds like you, please Apply now! Include your resume & cover letter in one document. Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.