Location: Dartmouth, NS
Who is Glow?
Glow has evolved from a small sign business into a Maritime event industry leader and multi-division company. An innovative and incredibly dedicated workforce has been instrumental to our continued growth. Glow is growing once again, and we need more smart-thinking, hard-working people. Glow offers competitive wages, great benefits and an exciting, dynamic working environment.
You’ll be assigning goals and priorities and working along-side a small team to keep a wide variety of rental products, buildings, and vehicles well-maintained and in good working condition. No two days are the same and your flexible style will help you to thrive in the fast-paced events environment. Your hands-on style will be put to good use!
Who are YOU?
Reporting to the General Manager, you are one of the key coordinators of our operations team. You easily manage and motivate yourself and others to do the job RIGHT. You are able to direct and take on a wide variety of maintenance duties either on your own or alongside the other members of the maintenance team.
We want the very best for our clients, so we expect the very best from you! If this is you, we’d like you to start as soon as possible:
- You’re exceptionally organized and you’re comfortable using computers
- You’re always looking for better ways to do things. You’re a “process” person
- You’re very hands-on and lead by example
- You have great communication skills
- You consider yourself a bit of a MacGyver and a trouble-shooting genius – a Jack (or Jill)-of-all-trades
- You’re very mechanically inclined and have a combination of maintenance, carpentry, welding, painting, stitching and electronics experience
- You’re innovative and enjoy challenges and special projects
- You can see projects through from start to finish with little or no direction
- You give direction well, take direction well, and can also be self-directed
- You are able to build signs and structures without supervision
- You can always see work to be done
- You’re hardworking and highly motivated
- You have a keen desire to learn
- You are physically active and able to lift 65 lbs or more
- You have effective time management skills, and you adjust accordingly to the demands placed on you – you know when a project needs to be quick and functional, and when a project needs to be more “finished”
- You have great attention to detail, and are comfortable completing required paperwork
- You work well in a team environment
- You can switch gears and work on whatever project needs to be done
- You are flexible, and available to work some evenings and weekends when required
- You have a clean drivers abstract and are very comfortable driving trucks and trailers
If this sounds like you, please apply now! Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in joining the Glow team!