Location: Dartmouth, NS
Who is Glow?
Glow has evolved from a small sign business into a Maritime event industry leader and multi-division company. An innovative and incredibly dedicated workforce has been instrumental to our continued growth. Glow is growing once again, and we need more smart-thinking, hard-working people. Glow offers competitive wages, great benefits and an exciting, dynamic working environment with an incredible group of people.
Who are YOU?
Reporting to the General Manager, you are an experienced maintenance person and hands-on leader who knows how to plan, set goals and establish priorities. You lead by example and are skilled at both listening and providing direction to your team. You easily manage and motivate your staff to do the job properly, while working alongside them to complete a wide variety of maintenance duties. You’re especially adept at managing priorities to ensure that Glow’s products are safely, efficiently, and properly built, maintained and repaired to ensure client satisfaction. You work effectively with other members of the Operations Team to ensure that Glow’s products and property are always ready for whatever the Events/Signs world may throw at us. You’re innovative and efficient, and always looking for ways to do things better and more effectively than we have before.
Your duties will include coordinating a small team of Maintenance Staff and overseeing and participating in:
- General repairs
- Building maintenance (internal & external),
- Ensuring vehicle maintenance is completed on a timely basis
- A wide variety of special projects as required for events
- Inflatable repairs
- Sign builds, repairs and installations
- Carpentry projects and repairs
- Painting projects
- Electronics projects and repairs
- Welding projects and repairs
- Other duties and projects as required and requested
Glow wants to welcome you to our team as a strong, organized, and motivated Maintenance Manager, if you:
- Are an experienced, hands-on leader
- Are a think-on-your-feet, trouble-shooting genius
- Have a minimum of 4-5 years related experience that makes you a great fit for Glow!
- Have a proven ability to set and communicate priorities to your team, while maintaining the objectives and targets of company management
- Are willing to learn new skills, and are great at training and mentoring others
- Exhibit keen attention to detail and are comfortable completing required paperwork, as well as ensuring that others complete it as required
- Are a results-oriented self-starter – you can always see work to be done, and are comfortable assigning tasks to others to meet daily objectives
- Are flexible and have no problem shifting gears when required, and leading a team through change
- Have effective time management skills, and you adjust accordingly to the demands placed on you – you know when a project needs to be quick and functional, and when a project needs to be more “finished”
- Are skilled at developing systems and processes to maximize efficiency and profitability
- Have a strong understanding of business and employee relations
- Have a clean drivers abstract and experience driving trailers and cube vans
- Have carpentry experience
- Have mechanical experience
- Have painting experience
- Have welding experience
- Have electronics experience
- Are physically active and able to lift 65lbs
- Are available to work flexible hours when required (although most work is during the week, there will be some evenings and weekend days as sometimes required in the world of events)
If this sounds like you, please click ‘Apply Now’! Please include your resume & references. Please note that only those candidates deemed qualified will be contacted.