Permanent Full Time Position
Location: Moncton, NB
Who is Glow?
Glow started as a small sign business more than 20 years ago, and has now evolved into a Maritime event industry leader and multi-division company. Since opening in 2001, our Moncton office has grown steadily and provides excellent service to our many clients all over New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island.
An innovative and incredibly dedicated workforce has been instrumental to our continued growth. Glow is growing once again, and we need more smart-thinking, hard-working people. Glow offers competitive wages, a bonus program and a great benefits package.
Who are YOU?
Reporting to the General Manager, you are the leader of our Moncton logistics team. During your first year, you will learn the operational procedures required to ensure Glow’s client expectations are met and exceeded. Some of these duties will include Glow sign installations and message changes, amusement deliveries, event logistics and attending, running a casino event, fleet maintenance – to name a few. You will attend a mandatory training session with management at our head office in Halifax. Additional daily training will take place on-the-job at our Moncton location. You will manage the Moncton warehouse and work closely with Halifax operations to facilitate product transfers. During peak seasons, some events will be managed collaboratively by our Halifax and Moncton operations. After year one is complete, you will manage and oversee all Moncton operations and logistics.
- You keep customer satisfaction at the top of your priority list
- You train your team to do the same, and you give them the tools and training they need to succeed
- You are a calm, detailed, thorough, hands-on leader
- You’ve learned that the secret to success is to lead by example
- You are comfortable building and motivating a team to work cooperatively with you
- You can create, delegate and participate in executing the daily task lists required to make operations run like a well-oiled machine
- You have lots of common sense
- You know how to work smart and look for ways to make your operation more efficient
- You’re equally comfortable working alone or leading others
- You enjoy that every day is different
- You’re available to work the evenings and weekends required in the world of events
- You know how to make safety a big priority
- You’re physically active, and able to lift 65lbs
- You have a clean drivers abstract
- You thrive on trouble shooting, problem solving and frankly, you’re a bit of a MacGyver
- You understand the importance of controlling and recording event hours and inventory
- You understand business and profitability
- You have exceptional on-site coordination skills
- You understand the importance of great communication with management and staff
- You have related education and/or experience
Bonus Points …
- You have experience driving trailers and cube vans
- You are bilingual (BIG asset)
- You have experience in the events industry
If this sounds like you, please click ‘Apply Now’! Please include your resume & cover letter in one document and reference NB Ops Manager in the email subject line.
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Application deadline is August 11, 2017.