Glow The Event Store Rental Policies
All Prices are subject to HST.
Delivery charges will apply to all orders requiring delivery from Glow The Event Store.
Once order is placed, it is 100% confirmed unless discussed with a Glow sales staff.
All cancellations are completely at the discretion of Glow.
A credit card (Visa or Mastercard) is required to hold product at time of booking.
Rain Dates can be arranged but are subject to availability.
Weather & Cancellation
We always recommend having a rain plan for your event or booking. If there is inclement weather expected ie. rain or wind gusts exceeding 40km our staff will contact you the day before your event to discuss your options. You will be notified on the day of your booking by 8am if Glow is forced to cancel your event, in which case, our sales team will be in touch the next business day to discuss options.
Equipment is partially or fully set up. Then full charge applies.
Equipment delivered only & not set up 50% charge plus delivery
If event is cancelled/ postponed, charges for Entertainers and Outsourced Products may still apply for original booking date.
Festival/ Corporate/ Public Events Rain Policy for Promotion and Amusement Rentals
Standard Cancellation – EXCEPTIONS DO APPLY
- A valid credit card is required to confirm Order
- If Order is cancelled after confirmed a 25% charge will be applied to the credit card provided or on client account
- If Order is cancelled within 2 weeks of event date a 50% charge will be applied to the credit card provided or on client account
- If Order is cancelled within 48 hrs of event date a 100% charge will charge will be applied to the credit card provided or on client account
If Glow does not leave our shop at 461 Windmill Rd. Dartmouth all outdoor products can be rescheduled to a Rain Date within FOUR months at no additional charge or may be converted to indoor substitutions as required to stay within budget. Some exceptions may apply and will need to be discussed with Event Planner prior to your booking date.
If event is cancelled/ postponed charges for Entertainers and Outsourced Products may still apply for original booking date.
If a client asks about a discount due to cancelling a rental due to weather that is not being rescheduled, generally it is 100% of Balance Due, however exceptions do apply but client MUST speak to Event Planner at the time of booking.
Birthday Rain Policy for Promotion and Amusement Rentals Outdoor Events
Birthday Cancellation – EXCEPTIONS DO APPLY
- 2 Weeks Prior to Event: No Charge
- Within 2 Weeks of Event: 50% of Total Invoice
- On Site: 100% of Total Invoice
No charge if event is Rained Out or Cancelled Due to Weather (Outdoor Events Only)
Event Must be Cancelled Prior to Glow Leaving Our Shop (on the day of event for no fees to apply)
Canada Day Cancellation Policy
- Once Order has been confirmed, client agrees to pay 100% of Balance Due, payable by/on date of event.
- Due to the high demand on Canada Day we enforce our cancellation policy.
Charitable Contributions and Sponsorship Policy
As a member of the Maritime business community, Glow the Event Store’s social responsibility is to support local, non-profit community organizations by providing sponsorship, in-kind services, and volunteer support. We aim to strengthen our bond within the community while addressing the needs of our communities.
The Charitable Contributions and Sponsorship Policy ensures that all sponsorships, company volunteer activities, are coordinated and aligned with our business goals, maximize opportunities for corporate visibility, foster long-term business relationships, and are within our budget and resource limitations. This policy eliminates duplication and establishes a central point of contact for internal and external requests. All corporate expenditures for charitable donations, sponsorships, fundraising events, recognition dinners, auctions, golf tournaments, program booklet ads, etc. will be handled accordingly.
All donation requests will be evaluated and/or administered by our Marketing Department. Incoming or outgoing requests for sponsorships or donations must be made in writing and forwarded for research and review. We will communicate directly with the requestor and coordinate any follow-up documentation, and/or collateral activities such as ads, tickets, invitations, banners, etc.
Due to the vast number of requests we receive this policy is necessary to assist in the selection. A large majority of our business comes from the not-for-profit sector. In fact, our business provides equipment and services to aid in fundraising efforts. If you are a charitable organization and we can’t provide a donation we can still offer a charitable discount when renting our equipment. The following guidelines will be used in reviewing requests for charitable contributions and sponsorships and company volunteer initiatives:
- Priority: Contributions will be awarded first and foremost to businesses and groups who continue to show their patronage to Glow the Event Store year after year. Contributions will be coordinated with employee volunteer activities when possible to achieve maximum impact within budget guidelines.
- Mutual Partnerships: Glow will also consider requests to support social, community, civic, educational, diversity driven, and economic endeavours if these support corporate business goals and meet contribution guidelines and/or if Glow the Event Store staff are involved in the governance of the organization.
The following exclusions apply:
- Glow the Event Store will not support organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability with respect to employment, volunteer participation, or the provision of services.
- Donation requests from all local, regional, and/or school-based sports teams will not be considered as we receive hundreds of requests on a monthly basis and unfortunately cannot donate to all. Some exceptions do apply
- The team uses Glow the Event Store services on a yearly basis
- The team is using Glow the Event Store services to execute their fundraiser
- Requests from elementary or secondary schools (public or private) will not be considered. Glow Parties has a school program in place to aid in fundraising and considers that to be its educational contribution each year. (Please speak to one of our event planners for clarification)
- Requests that solicit financial support for individuals, political candidates, and political campaigns, or entities that are not non-profit organizations, will not be considered.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the above policy please contact, Madelyne Gooding, Festival & Event Rentals at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-444-7118.